Sunday, April 27, 2014

Thy Servant Will Go and Fight

Family and Friends,
I weigh 140 lbs.. with my shoes on.
"You look like elementary wearing necktie" -Elder Cancel
Random points of conversation between Elder Cheney and I: divinity (the candy), byu creamery, grannys shakes, homemade suckers, wassel.. cheese balls and crackers.Star Wars. Ebay. Amazon.

This week has been interesting of course. Brother Claro has gone home.. i am so excited for him. He will be a great missionary. I then was put with Elder Cheney. He had been an office elder for about a year. He is actually from Centennial Colorado... close to Littleton. Small world. He also lived in Cincinnati. He is awesome... really just a good solid missionary. Loves the Lord and loves to serve. He is a great missionary and I was excited to be with him. He is a great teacher and does well with the teaching and language.

Him and I had MUCH success this week. We found 3 new families that are complete and willing to listen. We found one family through a drunk man who basically OYM'd us and we ended up having an appointment. They are so prepared by the Lord. Their whole family listens and also a few of their numbers. They are already seeing the change we have brought into their life! Another family we met we found through some of our other investigators. They were there and said they are willing to listen. The mother came to special sacrament already!! The 3rd family is a good referral from some of our recent converts. They have a good support system. Then of course I will be transferred. It came at an interesting time but I know it is the Lord's will. I am sad that Elder Cheney and I were only companions for about 5 days.. but hey, thats mission life. Dian-ay also got a new Bishop... Bishop Delapena, which will be a huge help for the area, i am excited for that!
So I am in Bacolod right now for a training tonight and then tomorrow i transfer to Masville. I think it is in La Carlota zone.. not too sure, we will see!
The Lord is merciful. I know he looks upon the desires of our hearts. So thats the test... purify your desires. Its our battle in life always. I know the church is 1000% true. I know it is God's kingdom. I love the gospel. I love Jesus Christ. This is His work. He does take care of and bless his servants and their families. I know the Holy Ghost and what it teaches us to do is what the world so desperately needs.
love you all
palangga,
elder stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment