Sunday, April 20, 2014

Plain and Precious

Family and Friends,

"Sacrament is in your body.. its personal" -guy as he rolls a cigarette

"Poopy ang bana mo" -Elder May to our investigator

First. I literally did not know it was Easter. Here they are all about Holy Week and what not... dont even get me started there.

What a great week! We had a very successful week of proselyting and of finding and teaching new investigators and less actives. We have really started to become more united in our teachings together. We have both been finding ways to simplify and clarify our teachings to our contacts. We saw success in that we had many more lessons taught, and also more investigators and recent converts at church. 

So this week we started something new. For the last 3 months we have been focusing almost all of our efforts in Bariopuey. But this week we worked in the Dian-ay proper for two days and saw much success in finding through the members and less actives. We had been doing 15 minute lessons here the past couple months but by spending a full 2 days in Dian-ay proper it really opened up our finding. We also spent time with our Elder's Quorum President going through our CMIS and identifying less actives who may have moved or are no longer alive. It helped us to not lose tons of timing finding people who arent actually possible to contact. We also were able to coordinate with our ward mission leader this week, and he is in the process of preparing a few referrals for us. We also have had success in finding and fellowshipping through our recent converts. In Bariopuey we are seeing more success. We had 13 in attendance. 2 of our recent converts who are 18 and 23 year old men are getting very strong in this church. Hopefully in the near future they can become Melchizedek priesthood so that Bariopuey can become a group, that really is our hope there. We have also received new referrals out there that should be very fruitful.

On Thursday I had exchanges with Elder May. It was a great experience in which i learned a lot. He is a great teacher. He helped me to simplify my teachings and still make sure the investigators have understanding. He also helped me find good ideas for doing 5 minute lessons through singing songs. He is a great friend and leader to me. I am grateful to learn from him daily. Our exchanges helped me in many great ways.

Brother Claro is improving in great ways! His teaching has become so much more simple and clear, his confidence is rising. He is learning more and more about planning and implementing PMG in our work. He has his call to the Philippines Manila Mission and leaves on May 23 2014. He is way excited. Takes me back to when I was in his shoes. Weird.

So.... I hope we go on a cruise when I get home.. i heard something about that a few months ago.. that should for sure happen. 

GUESS WHAT!!!! I finished the Book of Mormon again this week. I think its my 2nd or 3rd time in my life. First time that my studies were serious and meaningful though ahaha. Wow. What an awesome thing. I started it in June of last year... more than 10 months to finish! My question while reading was about the love of Christ... my answers are amazing. Time to start again... the focus on this read is; faith. I hope you are all enjoying your Book of Mormon study. It will change your life. 

My mission is just a big giant never-ending rollercoaster. Wahoooooooo. haha.

Well.. the Church is true. It will bring as much joy into your life as you allow it to. Input=Output.

I love you like a fat kid loves cake. Go RSL!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment