Sunday, April 6, 2014

Prisoners of Hope

Family and Friends,

"Elder.. just be more patient... and loving, and hopeful and diligent.. all in one day.. AHHHH!!! haha" -Elder Renon

"He really just talked about divorce and adultery in a talk at a wedding... that's the two worst things possible" - Elder May

"Kid is clapping like his dad just won the olympics" -Pony

My life is a big giant.... (still searching for a good word to describe my life)

So.. life is a war. One big giant war. Thats how it goes daily.. and it will always be that way. I am so grateful for the Gospel to help my fight my daily battles. I think back... to days when i didnt live it, it was a war that couldnt be won. But with the Gospel.. the war has purpose and reason. 

I dream about skimboarding all the time.

I love the scriptures... i feel like there isnt enough time in the day to be engulfed in them. Trying to have more studies during my nightly free time (which doesn't exist haha). The scriptures really only point us to one place. Our Savior. He is an amazing example. It is a lifetime commitment and process to try and become like Him.

Gusto mo mabaalan and secreto? Sundon nyo and espiritu santo. 

Kamo ang pinakaimportante nga tawo sa akon

Every week has its trials and its blessings. That is for sure. Elder Renon and I have truly been trying to simplify our teachings. We are seeing success. Our investigators seem to understand better what needs to be done, yet often they still dont do it. Its frustrating, but i know thats part of missionary life. Something i am still trying to figure out is the fine line between being bold and being overly laxed with investigators. Its like, if we get bold... they shut off mentally. But if we are too relaxed, they dont act. I am trying to find the boldness with love, it is a difficult fine line to find. 

We have our closest baptism on April 19. She is preparing for baptism. The next 2 weeks seem difficult for us in bariopuey because we had fast sunday yesterday (so no special sacrament) and then conference next week. We are working so hard. I know there is always much to improve. We are trying to implement more 5 minute finding lessons daily.. and 15 minutes lessons. I know it doesnt happen overnight, but amat amat lang. 

Elder Renon is a great companion. He is progressing tons and is always trying to be better. He is great at teaching in a way that helps investigators relate to the gospel. I have loved being his companion. I am grateful for my area and this ward. I am grateful for my mission. I also loved our ZLT. We had some great trainings.. i am glad the fundamentals are being focused on. It is so important and helpful to me. All is well with me health wise. Im still alive!

I cant believe its April.

So I met a guy this week who is from Austin Texas. He lived in Jay's mission. His wife is Filipina and they live in our ward. We had dinner at his house.. man he shot straight to politics and things like that with me. hahaha. Hilarious. Dont miss that crap at all. 

Phe is a father. Wow. Life is a freaking whirl.. happens so fast. I was thinking hard about when i first moved up to Orem and Phe and I lived in the townhouse... maybe the best time ever. So many good memories. Love ya Phe. Nixon is a stud. Start having him kick a soccer ball around :)

I've started taking lots of pictures. Yay!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment