Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where there's a will; there's a whalebone

Family and Friends,

"Noah ate rice on the ark with his family" -my investigator

"This is awful, we still have to confirm someone" -Elder May

"If its Sunday and you stay at your house and dont go to church.. even if you think of Christ, you still arent keeping His commandments" -Elder Renon

Just some good quotes of the week. 


This week has been very stressful and challenging. I had some moments.. that well, tested my mind heart and faith. That's where we grow right? I truly have learned many things this week. First. Positivity is so important. It really makes a huge difference in the way we see all things. I'm trying hard to overcome and stay positive and faithful. I am grateful for Elder Renon. He is very good at staying positive and seeing the longterm perspective. I admire him for that. We have some great things happening here though. We had a baptism on Saturday. Restituto Gubat. He is a stud. He is a future missionary. He was so happy on the day of his baptism it was amazing. I am grateful for this area. Hard thing is, people legit think we are treasure hunters!!! they really truly believe it!! what can we do? do you have any advice for us? 

To be honest... this mission is the best thing i have ever battled. That seems like the best explanation. Everyday.. i experience a million different emotions. But i am grateful i can teach about Jesus Christ. His life and ministry is remarkable. He is everything. Sometimes... even as a missionary.. we forget how truly important HE is to us... im trying to improve there. 

I learned a few things. I'm still ol' Ponyboy. I hope thats okay. Trust me.. prorgession has and will occur in remarkable ways.. but im still Ponyboy. I still love skimboarding, snowboarding and soccer.. ill be hitting the gym as soon as i get home.. and i still wanna buy another motorcycle. haha. I love you all. With all my heart. Shout out to my boy Phe who will probably be a father this week. amazing. Love you all.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment