Sunday, March 16, 2014

Valley of Decision

Family and Friends,

Rufio, Rufio, Rufioooooooooooooooooo! Bangarang Rufio!

I love my mission. It is full of trials and amazing moments. I love my companion. He is the most level headed person I know. He is a living evidence of 'patience in all afflictions'. I love my housemates. I love my mission president.

This week has been difficult yet rewarding. We had a great district meeting about patience.. and how it relates so much in our missionary lives. I know its something I must learn more fully... its a struggle, but i have seen progress.

Some things have been quite trying this week. One of our investigators, Brother Mendoza, has really been seeing a change of heart... but still hasnt gotten where he needs to be. He is struggling to read the Book of Mormon and keep the Word of Wisdom. The hardest part is we have seen him smoking a couple times, and then when we follow up he lies and says he has not been smoking. I really am unsure of how to face this situation. He says daily he will read the Book of Mormon.. but just always has excuses. We have even tried to get his recent convert children to read with him... but they dont follow through. Its genuinely difficult... we want him to progress so badly. We are hoping that amat-amat he will find that real change of heart. It is an awful feeling to be lied to... face to face. I think i am learning a lot about how God feels about His children. They try to hide their sins.. i know that i have had those moments in my life as well. (on that note... im sorry for all the times i ever lied to you.. im sure i did :( sorry) The mission is teaching me amazing truths about my Father in Heaven. 
I have had some great experiences this past week in my personal studies. I know the Lord will answer my pleas and give me answers for my prayers. I have learned this week that i MUST increase my faith. It is the true source of everything. 

This is gonna blow your mind but its true... SO many people in our area think we are treasure hunters. Yes. Im serious. They literally think we go looking for gold daily. And they think we want to make them part of our diabolical plan. I wish i was joking.... 

Im learning why the Lord really wants young men and women to serve missions. Yes its to help others receive the gospel. Yes its to have progression spiritually. Yes its to know how the church operates. Yes its to become smarter in the scriptures... But its also about people skills. The lessons i learn on a daily basis about Christ-like attributes and what they mean on a day to day basis is unreal. I am learning so much about working with people. It is a battle.... but a good one. 

Oh ya.. had a baptism on Saturday. Wooh!

I love you all. But most of all i love my Savior. He is perfect. He is everything. He is the reason im on my mission. He should be the reason for all of our choices daily.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg





No comments:

Post a Comment