Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fulfill the Law

Family and Friends,

First note, next week i will be emailing on tuesday here (so monday for you). We have zone conference in Bacolod on Wednesday so on Tuesday we get to have our P-day in Bacolod!!!!! WoooooH!

So... I love that in our life we can always change, grow, learn and progress. That's the beauty of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. With the help of Elder May i have learned a lot about principle driven obedience and being more open and loving with all my companions. I have realized that times on my mission i didn't really see the reason for the obedience.. i dont know if that is good or bad.. but i do know that i had some companions who didn't really enjoy being with me. It is sad to look back and see, but that is the glory of Atonement... the ability to change. I have seen that at times i have let obedience ruin my companionships.... at no fault of theirs.. just of mine. I would be overly strict and hurt their feelings or almost demand. I learned alot from D&c 121 and also from studying about the 2 Laws: loving God and loving thy neighbor. That might not mean a whole lot for you... but it has been changing the way I act with my companions and all i come in contact with. Is it worth it to keep a rule if you end up ruining your companionship unity? Quite the battle right? But im learning... its refreshing.


Satan uses many tactics against us. One that i am learning... is idleness... the idea of.. "Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die". Sadly, many people i meet have that mindset.. .and they truly believe all is well if they say they believe. God is just.. and merciful. We obtain mercy through repentance. Service and commandment keeping is not lip service. that's what i have learned this week. Its cool to learn and progress! yay!


Stop It.

Well guess what... tomorrow is March 11, 2014... which means... i have 1 year left on my mission. Thats crazy right? Sometimes i feel like i was born here.. and other times i feel like i havent even started my mission.. its crazy, but thats life! 

I love this gospel. But most of all i love my Savior. He is everything to me. In ways i cant even explain. I can survive anything and love anyone through His help. His grace is sufficient. I love Him.

I miss you all. God Speed the Right. Feel the Love, Fulfill the Law.

Gugma,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment