Sunday, April 13, 2014

Plead for Grace

Family and Friends,

"Smile before you open" -Erwin Gubat

"It feels like blasphemy coming out of my mouth" -Elder May

Toothpaste Laugh Attack... simply put, i felt like i was in middle school again. In the best way possible.

This week has been quite interesting. I got a new companion. Brother Claro... so he is a short term missionary, meaning not a set apart Elder. He is from a part of this island about an hour away from our area. He gets his mission call next week! Brother Claro has been a great addition to our area.  I am grateful to be companions with him! He has great teaching experience. Just a studly 18 year old Filipino! Tons of fun

So on Sunday we had 0 investigators at church. Hmm.. that felt terrible. I am learning much what i need to do different with my time each day. Things will be different i am sure of it... 100%. Our baptism for April 19 fell through due to lack of church attendance. She really has had some difficult situations including sickness, terrible rain and such the past couple weeks, but know she must repent more before her baptism. That was quite the blow for me, but trials happen. Our April will have 0 baptisms.. i know that i must repent and improve. Our May will be full of baptisms. I will not just try, i will do.

Had an interview with President Lopez. The man is wise. Very. His counsel was much needed... and of much value to me at this time in my mission. I have a wonderful mission president. He helps me fulfill my purpose as a missionary. 

Had a funny dream, Jay was my new comp. We were grittin it up like none other. Funny thing was his name tag said Elder Jay not Elder Brooks. hahaha. Classic. My dreams are always so interesting and weird. haha. 

My life is a dream... that's all of us!

I love the scriptures. I loved conference as well. One of my particular favorites was in the sat afternoon session (cant remember his name) who talked about having peaceable conversation. He gave the story of his wife jumping out of their truck. I wanna apply his teachings. I think the battle of becoming Christ-like is just that.. a battle. But for sure a battle worth fighting. Its a slow and yes, sometimes painful process. Someone said in conference that, "we learn obedience through our suffering . Christ suffered.. we must as well if we wish to obtain His glory. 

I love my mission. I love all of you... I love the good change and success i see in all of your lives. Keep doing that.. and i will do the same. 

Ps-  I only have 1 general conference left as a full-time missionary

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment