Sunday, May 4, 2014

Open Windows

Family and Friends,

"I'm glad they could see my birthday" -Drunk guy's prayer 

"German. Impossible. Exclusive." -drunk guy #2 haha.

"Stay true to my testimony" -Me

Well. Now in my 4th area. With my 9th companion. Time never stops right? 

First off... need some ideas (especially Jay and Phe)... i still need to make a soccer jersey for the area called Hinigaran and now for Masville... help me out for a cool jersey idea there. 

Second. Good ab & leg workouts that dont require weights of course. I already talked to Cass about this but would love any good ideas you all have... gotta start getting fit again. haha. Also, if someone could shoot me some stats... how many calories are burned doing jump rope, jogging in place, push ups and pull ups as well. thanks a ton. 

So... the mission is crazy. Already been in my new area for a week... feels like a day. My companion is Elder Nery. He is just a super jolly Filipino! He has been out about 11 months and this is his 3rd area. He is funny! My area is a branch but a very strong branch at that. There are awesome people here. We have some good investigators.. and lots of recent converts to reteach. Wooh! 

Side note for Jay. I have 1 sandbag in my new area.. heaven help me. 

So... an interesting thing is happening to me. Its called conversion. The thing i look forward to the most every day (besides sleep) is personal study. The scriptures truly are an amazing tool in our lives. We need to use them. I hope you all know and are applying that. I love my scriptures. I am almost done reading the New Testament.. and am now in about section 20 of d&c going page to page. What amazing stuff. It all leads us to change and be better people. Why wouldn't we read it? Why wouldn't we ponder it?

Also.. fasting is so powerful. We truly can receive revelation in our church attendance if we go with the right mindset and spiritual preparation. I experienced that on Sunday. Wow.

You are all awesome people. Doing awesome things. I love the fact that my family is doing iron man races.. getting married.. having children.. and growing and learning!! Yay for us! haha. Life is an adventure. 

Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and Redeemer. We must do what is required of us if we are to enjoy the constant companionship of his Holy Ghost. Heavenly Father is our literal father... he is in the intertwined moments of the day to day grind. Look for that presence. 

I cant believe that i have been on this island for a year now. Wow. Time flies. And by the end of this month i will have 3 companions who will be home now. Wow.. that makes me like an old missionary or something. Weird. 

I wish i could explain how my life is to you.. but i cant... cuz i cant even explain it to myself.. one word does some justice... fulfilling. The gospel of Jesus Christ is about living a fulfilling and happy life. If you dont feel that... and i dont mean 24/7.. but if you rarely or never feel that, do something that leads you closer to Christ.

Come unto Christ. Its cool.

I love you all... and i get to see my family's beautiful faces next week. 

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment