Sunday, May 18, 2014

Captain of our Salvation

Family and Friends,

"No sister thats a business ad" -Crishalyn Flores

What a week... miracles happen when we do what the Lord asks.

Our companionship has improved a lot. We have found a lot better unity in our teachings. This week we saw miracles with new families that we have found!! we had 2 of the wives come to church, still workin on the husbands. Our baptism hopefully for this week (Clydine, 15 years old) has been pushed back because she is not yet being allowed by her father. We are trying to teach and get to know him but he wont give us time. We are praying fervently to see a change in his heart. Clydine has such a strong testimony but is scared to disrespect her father. Her mother is 100% okay with her being baptized its just still waiting on the father. Through our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, i know her father's heart will be softened. 

Had exchanges with Elder Morgan this week. He's from Australia (but is from new zealand originally). He is a huge rugby player, and a stud missionary. He is just full of energy and hope.. loved our day together. He has had some crazy experiences with evil spirits and what not... some of which may have transpired during our time together. Remind me to tell you about it once i get home. 

I really do love my area. It has so much potential and the ward is great. Always things to try and improve, but thats what life is all about!! 

My mission is wonderful. Its going fast, thats for sure. Once next week comes i will have 3 companions who are home now.. crazy. I feel like there is still tons to do here, im excited about it! 

I love the scriptures. I have been studying a little bit about Job. He is an amazing man... go read his book in the Old Testament, its full of many great insights. The scriptures really do soften hearts. Mine included. I love my personal study. I hope you are reading your scriptures. I know you are busy, but i also know it will help with your inner peace and happiness. 

I love the gospel.. mostly repentance. It really changes the way we see the world. Most of it changes the way we see God. We learn through repentance that He really has the best intentions for all of us. Heavenly Father is my best friend. I hope you can all say the same. That's something that happens on a mission. You start to put Heavenly Father's wants first.. because you grow to love Him. Love. There's that word. Its interesting huh? That's another thing the gospel of Jesus Christ has done to me... helped me better understand love. Its like, back then in high school... people threw that word around like it was nothing. But it had no backbone. It had nothing behind it. Whereas Christ's love... its full of everything. Its complete. its what the world needs. it's what will increase your love for; yourself, Him, your spouse, your children, your companion, your investigators, your parents, your boss, your neighbor, your lazy home teaching companion, and even your dog (maybe.. thats just kind of a joke). But really. Charity is awesome. We should all try to develop that more. 

I love all of you.

Ps... i love vegetables and oatmeal, not together though.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment