Sunday, July 6, 2014

Conquer We Must

Family and Friends,

"I like your nostril" -Anonymous

"This is my life and this life is my diamond" STYG

"Exaltation is living with God forever in eternal families." -Preach my Gospel. What are you doing each day and week to accomplish this?

Weird random note... i learned a lot this week about the way my mind works. In regards to creativity and piecing together my thoughts and studies.. love it. 

Another. I wore the same red white and blue necktie everyday this week. I mean yes, Tuesday until right now. That because of the 4th, but more because i am superstitious and i wanted US Soccer to advance. It was worth a shot right? I also prayed for the Us Mens Soccer team, maybe it wasnt quite a "righteous petition".. but no sin in trying right?

First. I love studying hymns. I study 1 hymn a day as part of my personal study. It helps me not miss music and helps me to cherish the prayer of song. On that note... in honor of the best holiday ever.. July 4th. Hmyn #340. Remember how proud and lucky you are to live in the country you do. We experience so many freedoms and luxuries because of it. Footnote... Alma 46:12-13. That flag... (the US flag) is our title of liberty. It represents so much... but what is your personal title of liberty? Do you "defend" your family.. children.. religion.. freedom.. desires.. hopes.. daily? I learned a lot from this. Hope this enlightens you in a small way. 

This week was full of miracles. We have roughly 15 progressing investigators right now. Elder Nery and I had a good talk about it last night, and it is 100% because of obedience. The Lord is testifying to us both that exact obedience really brings forth miracles. What a blessing to have a companion who wants to see miracles as well. 

I am blessed to be on a mission. I am being changed in some crazy ways... but all good ways. So i have a confession... i have fallen in love on my mission...






....with the scriptures ;). Honestly though.. i love reading the scriptures. its amazing how the Spirit teaches us. I love it. 

The work is fruitful. I miss you all, i really do. But thats okay... i love you tons! 

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment