Sunday, June 15, 2014

Be Not a Forgetful Hearer

Family and Friends,

"Father Forearms" -Elder Morgan

Remember the power of positive thinking.

Its an interesting day when you hear "Open Arms" by Journey about 3 different times. haha.

Well.. let me tell you. Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is how miracles happen. I have seen it this week. We had 11 investigators at church... and we finally got a branch mission leader. He is actually one of my closest member friends here on the mission. Him and one of our recent converts (baptized in feb) just received the Melchezidek Priesthood. Wow. The branch is helping like crazy with the work... what a blessing.

Hey. Happy Father's Day to all of you! Especially my awesome father, sure do love ya! 

I love seeing people make changes in their life... its even better when they realize the blessings that come to them through commandment keeping. Its interesting... a trend i see with our investigators is that they recognize the "good" that is happening to them. They feel that they have changed and become nicer people... HEY! that's what the gospel of Jesus Christ does. 

Side note. Long live the San Antonio Spurs.

Scripture Note. D&C 38:28 "And again, I say unto you that the enemy in the secret chambers seeketh your lives." I love the wording of the Lord...secret chambers (kind of like chamber of secrets for all your Harry Potter lovers). My mind started searching... what are these secret chambers? I can think of a lot some examples. Those secretive acts.... behind closed doors, down a dark alley, when the parents are out of town, out in the woods, etc etc. About these... the Lord says it is Satan, seeking our lives. Do we realize that? I would say about 100% of the time that we must do something secretly... it is a tactic of Satan. He wants us to hide our acts.. where as the Lord wants the opposite. He wants us to be a "light on a hill". Do we see that contrast? Think about that. Another thought... think of cords... electrical cords. Could those be "secret chambers" going into our tvs, computers, and cellphones. Hmm. I love the scriptures. More so.. i love the Holy Ghost which allows us to learn.

Well. Miracles are happening in this great work... I hope you are finding a way to be a part of it!

I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment