Sunday, February 2, 2014

United Til I Die

Family and Friends,

I love my mission. And to be honest.. i hit the point this week where i forgot what home is.. and who you are.. and what its like to not be a missionary. I officially hit it. I cant really remember what its like to be.. not a missionary. I guess this is where my life changes and i become that weird missionary. Great right? personally... i love it. My life is about a million times different than it was on March 27, 2013. Honestly.. that feels like an eternity ago, in the best way possible. And as to how i am personally... life is a joy. Yeah, there is trials.. .but guess what.. we chose that before we came here. I teach these truths daily.... and i know they are true.

This last week i had an investigator who wanted to bash with me.. and wanted to pick doctrine... even read a verse to us implying we preach false prophets. Inside, i laughed. And i just told him simply... "Joseph Smith is a prophet.. i know that by the power of the Holy Ghost". He didn't have a response to that. We never need to bash or debate with other religions or beliefs. We respect all (articles of faith)... all we need to do is invite them to do things that will let them know for themselves. Those things are reading pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon and attending our church services. Thats how it happens. Honest seekers can find truth. Its not all about deep doctrine.. and picking apart the Bible. Its about being honest followers of Christ. In regards to that investigator.. it makes me sad.. because his pride is blocking his ability to learn truths.. but thats okay.. pray and hope. 

Well.. this area is a dream come true. Its hard.. dont get me wrong.. but that area where we have special sacrament is taking off! My first week.. .attendance there was about 6.. yesterday we had 17, 11 of which are investigators. I love it.. i know the Lord is with Elder Renon and I. I know that he is guiding our efforts. I know he hears prayers. I know that all around.. people are being prepared. God is a God of miracles... i know that. Everyday is a miracle through the Atonement. Moroni 10:33 We can improve and be perfected in Christ. I know his grace is real. I testify of it. 

I also know that obedience to God's laws is the key to success. Its simple. Analyze yourself. 

Well... im hungry. And thirsty. So i am gonna go eat some rice and drink some water. hahahahaha. I love you all!!!!!!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment