Sunday, February 9, 2014

Turn and Find the Mark

Family and Friends,

Sacrifice and Obedience brings forth blessings. One without the other... does not work. I had a very rewarding week. Very fast... as in ridiculously fast!! I feel like i just got done emailing and here i am again. The mission is a miracle. Let me be a living visual that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and that change does exist. Remember... He has suffered for our pains and infirmities... and he knows how to succor each and every one of us.

This week.. one of the highlights.. .i got my Christmas package!!!! YAY :) thanks to all who had a part in that. The candy is already gone! And all of my housemates (cuz there are 4 of us) got some much needed ties and socks! yay. I love the ties... they are good looking for sure. Thanks for the letters as well, i loved them. You are great. 

Another highlight. So we had our ward conference and the people from our special sacrament area (bariopuey, very far away) came to ward conference in the city! Then... (this is the highlight) we all walked back to Bariopuey. Oh and these are all youth and single adult age... The walk took about an hour and a half hahaha... then it was raining.. it was great.. .i was using a big giant leaf as an umbrella. Yes im in the philippines for sure. hahaha. But really... these kids are so just... strong! They do whatever it takes to experience this gospel. They help us fellowship...! For our special sacrament in Bariopuey.. 3 miracles happened. First... The opening and closing prayer were both given by investigators!! 2nd... one of the talks was by one of our investigators!! it was perfect.. 3rd.. a girl came to special sacrament who we havent even taught yet.. i asked her how her experience was.. her response was this... "happy". 

Hmm.. happiness. Thats an interesting word right? Something we all search for right? Lets see what the Lord has to say... Mormon 2:13-14. Please read that. The Lord will not "suffer them to take happiness in sin"...What do we see all over the scriptures especially the Book of Mormon? That wickedness never was happiness. Ever Ever. Its simple.. the things that create sorrow in our lives.. is our own wickedness. The Lord has shown me very clearly in my life the things that take away my happiness. Now its just a matter of overcoming that problem or weakness or sin or mistake. The Lord gives us weakness so we can learn what really happiness is. I testify that happiness is found only in the knowledge that your actions are in line with Heavenly Father's will and reflect the Savior. NO ONE IS PERFECT... but thats the point of this life... to improve. . grow.. reflect.. change.. become Christ-like. I am so eternally grateful for all of you and what you have done in my life I am so grateful for my Savior. I may not know Him perfectly.. but i know He lives and wants to forgive and help each and everyone of us. 

I know the Book of Mormon teaches us how to live and follow Christ. I know its true. I literally see first hand on a daily basis the power the Book of Mormon has to  change people's lives. It can happen to you.. and you can do it today. 

PS- i might never come home from my mission.. is that allowed?

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment