Sunday, February 16, 2014

Line of Defense

Family and Friends,

"For the eternal purpose of the Lord shall roll on.." Think about that. Nothing can stop this work. This is the work of salvation. This is God's kingdom on the earth. We are so lucky to be a part of it. 

So... in our ward and our apartment there is 4 of us. The other 2 missionaries are Elder Agbuya and Elder Mifflin. Elder Mifflin is a former AP and goes home next week.. i have learned SO much from him its awesome. He is the DL and this week we had a lesson about virtue. He talked about a "line of defense".. basically.. you find something that is on your person at all times ie.. wedding ring.. ctr ring.. picture of Christ.. whatever it may be. (mine is my temple recommend). That line of defense is always there... when that bad thought comes in your head.. or you wanna maybe make a bad choice.. look at or grab your line of defense. It can keep you safe in all times. I learned that my temple recommend means more to me than anything else. I can lose my debit card.. credit card.. driver license.. but if my temple recommend is there.. life is good. Cherish it. Be worthy of it. 

This week was good... a little challenging because our area had their fiesta... cock fights, carnival games.. basketball tournaments.. dance contests.. its quite the ordeal. haha. But still a good week. Taught a lot of lessons. Many people are progressing. Our God is a God of miracles.. promise that. 

I spoke in sacrament... about the Book of Mormon. I love that book. I hope you do as well for it is the "most correct of any book on earth.. and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." Quite a promise right? isnt that we are all striving for.. deep down inside... to be closer to God. Those 531 pages of literary beauty surely will help us in that cause. I know its true through the power of the Holy Ghost. If you cant say the same.. i challenge you to start today to find out. 

I love my mission. I love the work. I am so grateful i received the gift of the Holy Ghost. I love Jesus Christ.. and i know He lives. Happy Valentine's Day from the Philippines.. hahah :P

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment