Sunday, December 1, 2013

Conquer or Die

Family and Friends,

By the title of this email.. you may have guessed that i have been reading the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. hahahah! I love it all. Makes me wanna go fight a war. But hey guess what.. we do everyday!! Everyday we fight and struggle with our eternal enemy. our should i say enemies. I have learned there are 2 main enemies in our lives. 1. Satan. We all know he is there.. and is fighting to keep us from obtaining eternal glory. 2. The natural man or woman in all of us. Our natural fallen natures are wrong and quick to do evil.  For these 2 enemies, i offer 1 remedy. Jesus Christ and his gospel. We must be constantly fighting on the offence against our enemies. We cannot sit by the wayside and hope to overcome our sins and weaknesses. We need prayer. We need daily scripture study. We need the grace of Christ. We need church attendance. We need daily repentance. Our lives in all aspects, are influenced by our daily repentance and actions. NO ONE IS PERFECT. But if we remember our covenants always.. we will remember and desire to repent each and every day. I cannot explain exactly the faith that is developing in my life. But i can tell you how and why it is happening. Application of Eternal Truths. 

Here is an assignment. Read Romans 8.

The Church is true everyone. I preach it everyday.. because i know it is true. The Holy Ghost has testified to me on a daily basis that the things i am teaching are correct and true.  We must try to progress. I have learned that the gospel of Jesus Christ, namely.. faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end.. is the answer. It is the way. It is the path that leads to Eternal Life and Eternal Glory and Happiness. I love it. I truly know it is true. 

We wake up everyday, and as soon as we know it... its time to say our nightly prayers. There is no time to waste. I think we all understand that. But.... what is truly wasting time? Ponder that. Analyze your priorities. That is a big lesson I am learning on a daily basis.

I love the Book of Mormon. It increases my faith in Jesus Christ every single day. It is changing my life and the lives of those around me. I cannot tell you how many people's lives i have seen change through true and prayerful Book of Mormon reading. I love reading. i love prayer. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. Let us not complicate our lives with useless things.. let us focus our time and attention on the Savior. Especially at this wonderful Christmas season. Christ lives. He knows you. He knows me. Romans 8:39.. "we feel the love of our God, through the Lord Jesus Christ". Remember that. If you are feeling alone, pray to Heavenly Father.. in the name of Jesus Christ. Search and fight for his love. Its there.. through the power of the Holy Ghost. 

I know you all have faith. Use it. Daily. Put your faith in Jesus Christ and move forward. Always. There is ALWAYS hope. Please never give up on yourself or anyone around you.

Ps- im starting to try and learn Tagalog.. its nuts. but i love it. I love my area.. my ward.. my mission.. my president.. my companion.. !! woo! life is a battle.. but we have to win! another ps.. i literally almost forgot it was thanksgiving #philippinesmissionaryproblems

pppps... its december already!! hahaha.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment