Sunday, December 8, 2013

Life is a Rough Draft

Family and Friends,

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It has been restored through a prophet in our days. We are so blessed. 

First off. For the fam.. the Christmas call will be between 10 am and 12 noon my time, so 7pm-9pm SLC time on dec 24. 30 minute limit. so write down your questions and ideas (im being serious.. haha. 30 minutes is very short). Skype yes. Hopefully you will all be joined in on the call. i will probably skype about 10:30 my time!! cant wait! 

This week... so, rewarding. I love missionary work. I love the Book of Mormon. I love Jesus Christ. My mission is the greatest thing that has ever happened.. you all need to go on one. haha. But... at the same time, you dont need a mission to increase your faith and testimony. I love my life.. despite how hard and absolutely frustrating it can be... i am so eternally grateful for my trials! I have learned to experience the grace.. mercy.. and love of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

So.. i had this great little revelation yesterday.. while reading in the first section of D&C... about reproof. I was pondering that work.. reproof. Think of when you were in high school english class... and had to write different drafts, and it was proofed. Maybe once by a peer.. next by another peer.. then your parents.. then your teacher. Then.. when you had proofed it over and over, you handed it in to your teacher.. and awaited your grade anxiously. We can learn a lesson there.. WE ALL NEED OUR LIVES TO BE PROOFED. We need the proofing of our.. peers, family, friends.. but most importantly, of our Father in Heaven through.. the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost can purify us. It can help us 'edit ruthlessly' our lives and our desires. I testify that our "proofs" can come in the form of.. arguments.. trials.. sickness.. others' decisions.. everything! But its all necessary. I promise. I am living evidence. I love Jesus christ... we can become like him... day by day, little by little!!

That's all for this week. Read your scriptures. Pray. Go to Church. It's that simple. Trust me.. i see it everyday in the people i teach. I love you all!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment