Sunday, November 17, 2013

In Defense of Abraham's Seed

Family and Friends,
The gospel is true. God is real. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is amazing. Thats my biggest increase this week... the power of the Atonement. It is real. It can change who we are. Change how we think and see things..! It's the power of Jesus Christ.
Well. Please pray for those in Tacloban. We will have some of the missionaries from there coming to our mission. Hearing and reading about the destruction there is just.. wow. breaks my heart. Please pray for them. Please pray for the mental well being of the missionaries who had tragedy there. Please pray for the Enabling Power of the Atonement to touch the people of Tacloban. Just pray.. daily. Will you do that? Thank you.
Had a wonderful training in Bacolod. My mission president, ive realized, is the exact personality suited for me as a missionary. His bluntness with rules and those type of things are great. Big thing i learned is the members are "yoked" with the missionaries.. help the missionaries in your area!!
Couple simple spiritual truths i learned this week. Shoot for steady. We dont become perfect in just one day. Life is about constant continuation and effort. Edit your life ruthlessly and then try your best, through the help of our Lord, to progress. Another. Plead for help. Literally. Kneel and tell our Father in Heaven your; problems, fears, weaknesses, blessings, wishes... then ask. Ask for his guidance and help. The power of prayer is real, i testify of that.
Funny note. If you miss me (which you better ;) ) go read the last couple lines of Alma 40:8. Hehe. Also, I decided hymn #337 is one of my new favorites. hahaha.
Well, i lost my planner this week. (all you RM's understand why this is awful). I literally retraced my steps all over Hinigaran. No luck. Patience is a heavenly virtue right? Well, new planner. Keep going. haha.
Side note. If you want to send me something for Christmas, this is it. Neckties and church socks. None of the people here have these. SO... i have need to give, but dont have a ton. Thats just my recommendation for Christmas.
Final Read. Romans 1:9.
Will you read your Book of Mormon everyday? It is so important. Focus on repentance daily. Be good. Go RSL. The Lord even looks out for your favorite sports teams when you serve a mission ;). I love you all so much.
Palangga,
Elder Stagg


service a couple weeks ago!!!

thisis on my desk! hehe :)

kind of old but here!!!


camera fun

my district!!

No comments:

Post a Comment