Sunday, November 10, 2013

All is Well

Family and Friends,
 First off.. i appreciate the prayers in my behalf at the time of the super typhoon. On that regard, here in my area itself.. the damage was next to none. Negros didn't suffer that much damage. From what i have heard it is Tacloban that needs the prayers. SO.. here is my newly gained knowledge about natural disasters.. God's plan and his will is.. well, real. He has the power to control the winds and the seas... meaning, we need to align our will with His so that when these things occur, we arent scared or panicking. Here in my area, the storm was pretty bad, but there really wasnt any damage. We helped fix a wall of one home that had fallen down.. but there really wasnt any other opportunities for service. We were very blessed here in Negros. We did spend 2 days inside.. thursday-saturday morning. As in.. we didn't leave. Haha! Lots of time to update the area book and study! i Literally read about 10 chapters of the BOM in Ilonggo.. about 10 in English..and about 10 in the New Testament! I absolutely loved it. I love the Book of Mormon. Its such a powerful testament of the Savior Jesus Christ. It is helping me on a daily basis to come closer to my Savior. I invite you all to let the Book of Mormon become a centerpiece of your life. Learn from it.. live its principles! 

What Else? We had a baptism on saturday. Her name is Jopay.. she is 8. Elder Cusili baptized her... or you could say drowned her. ahhahaah. Water in the mouth and everything. I dont know why but the people here never seem to understand that the actual act of baptism should be simple and harm free. hahah. Good laughs out here in the 'Pines.

So here it is.. the Gospel of Jesus Christ is so central to our eternal progression. Especially faith and repentance. These two principles.. along with the mercy and grace of God can change our lives. Its so simple and so true. Just apply it. Try it. 

Random note.. I learned something.. During church meetings/school/ any learning experience.. when we participate, we learn. Especially in spiritual settings.. when we participate, the Spirit can talk to us. We can receive revelation. We had a zone meeting.. and I was like the only person answering questions and adding to the conversation (dont ask me why).. but i received so much more spiritual insight. So next week in sunday school, instead of sleeping or texting.. participate!! Let the Spirit talk to you! 

Well.. again. I truly apprecaite the prayers. I know that Jesus Christ's redeeming and enabling powers are real. All good is manifested through faith and repentance in His name. I know the Book of Mormon can change your life. I know that prayer is a divine communication with our Father in Heaven. I invite you all to internalize and apply these things. I know that these things are true, because of the power of the Holy Ghost. I love you all, and know God loves each of us. 

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

ps-- im getting nervous to ever send pictures in fear that my SD card will get a virus.. sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment