Sunday, October 6, 2013

Full Trust in the Lord

Family and Friends,
Well.. first off. I have learned more about faith and trust this week than ever. That is what it's all about.. whether it be the people, the weather, the weaknesses... whatever! we just have to put our trust in the Lord and his will and timing. Yes its difficult, very! But... so beneficial. 

Timeout. I had the greatest trunky moment the other day. I was riding on a bus and literally played this scene over in my mind like 4 times... "This will be the last play of the game barring a penalty... Beck in shotgun.. 3 out wide... all the time in the world for beck... can anyone get open? TOUCHDOWN! TOUCHDOWN!" Yes... that isn't very missionary like, but it was a beautiful reminiscing moment. I was almost in tears of joy. hahah. Johnny Harline is forever a legend in my book. On that note.. i do miss sports, thats a fact. But its okay. Haha. I have all my life for sports.

So the area and the companionship is improving day by day. Mostly because i am learning to try and overcome my own weaknesses. That's what life is all about.. focusing on our own personal weaknesses and problems.. then trying hard and praying to overcome. That's what i am learning. Life really is good on the mission. It rains here literally everyday.. kinda sad!! but thats okay. Im excited to watch conference.. we have to wait a week! Lame! 

Spiritual Corner. Go read Alma 5.. the whole chapter. That's all i need to say about scriptures this week. Oh, and the Book of Mormon is so true. I testify that we truly can find answers for our questions through our personal study. I have experienced it more than a few times this week. Our personal study of the scriptures can change our life forever! I also learned a lot about personal worthiness. Especially priesthood holders. No matter what is wrong with those around us.. focus on our personal worthiness. It truly is the way to internal peace and happiness. Again.. find the strength of the Lord. We are saved through the grace and mercy of Christ AFTER all that we can do! Analyze that!  

Anyone who reads this and is preparing for a mission.. all i can say is, Good Decision!! So true. Its the biggest blessing in my entire life. Even the hardest moments.. i am learning to love. I love this work with all my heart. It changes people.. including yourself! The church is so true! I pray for all of you. Really do. I pray that the Spirit will open your hearts to new understanding. I truly love the Lord Jesus Christ. Ps... here in the 'Pines they start listening to Christmas music... about 3 weeks ago. haahahah. Seriously. I love it. I really do. Continue to write me and keep me updated on life. Especially the Oakland A's. Boom. God Speed the Right, and Go Cougars!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg



No comments:

Post a Comment