Sunday, November 16, 2014

Walt Disney's Grandson

Family and Friends,

Elder Ian S. Ardern is a spiritual giant. His teaching skills are unreal. 

"I feel like a stand-up comedian" -President Lopez

Testimonies must be recaptured daily.

In sunday school class yesterday we discussed about talents, and using them to help others. I told our whole Elders Quorom and Relief Society during class (as a joke) that Elder Aro, with his amazing singing voice, sings me to sleep every night. Filipinos love simple humor.. Boom. 

My main thing i learned from both MLC and the Mission Tour is progression. So much praise for the work here, but I sensed that there is much to improve on. From Christlike Attributes.. Teaching Skills.. Leadership.. Understanding of Doctrine.. so much! I truly see that daily there is much need for improvement! I must do that. I know it. Mission Tour is where a general authority comes to your mission and talks about performance... gives training... ministers!! It was awesome.

A few great experiences this week. Sister Michelle has been an active working member for missionary work for a while now... On Tuesday we went to their family's house for a 15 minute visit... When we entered, she left... then came back 5 minutes later with her friend Analyn!! Wow.... direct results from a 15 minute visit, awesome! Investigators can be found in so many way.

I testify that writing our spiritual experiences is important... i do it, and its awesome. It helps me see God's mercy daily. 

Another experience.. We did a visit to our RC/LA family.. we taught 'God is our Loving Heavenly Father'.. and really focused on doctrine. It got them interested... instead of just saying God loves us.. we talked about him having a body, being real.. his sorrow when we sin etc. They were asking questions. . . pondering.. etc. Great application from Elder Ardern's training!

Follow up.... Who will you give a Book of Mormon for Christmas? Its close.

If the Holy Ghost is with you... you won't raise your voice. #wisecounsel

I love you all.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment