Sunday, January 19, 2014

In a galaxy far far away...

Family and Friends,

TRANSFER! :)

Sorry, i didnt hate my old area at all, but i am so glad to be here in my new area. Dian-ay. (pronounced JEN-I) Sounds like Star Wars right? It is in Sagay Zone. It is BUKID! Meaning... just out in the sticks. haha. I love it. It's like 2 1/2 hours from Bacolod in the northern direction. It has some Cebuano language here (yay!) .. so im starting to learn that. its actually a mix of ilonggo and cebuano, interesting. My companion is elder Renon! He is from the Aurora province in the Philippines! He is probably the most humble person ever,  yay.. i can learn from that. haha. OK, it has literally rained everyday since i have gotten here, and its cold. yes. cold. i am cold on a daily basis. i love it. We have an area, that is way far away.. so we ride on the back of a motorcycle to get there. its so far, that we have a special sacrament there every week to try and open up the area. its legit. the scenery is movie-esque. Boom.

So.. .sad note/humbling moment/life. So Thursday morning i got a text from Elder Wilstead telling me that one of his and I's recent converts had passed away. Sister Antonano. She is the one, who had one leg. So.. little background there, we actually baptized here without her meeting all the "qualifications" for baptism. President Lopez said, you decide. We prayed about it and felt (we werent sure why) but that she needed to be baptized even if she wasnt exactly qualified or ready. SO.. yes, amazing right? When i read that text from Elder Wilstead.. my emotions were sadness.. but then instantly comfort and just, wow. Heavenly Father sees things eternally.. i testify of that. Also, if we ask.. are humble.. and are keeping the commandments, we can receive necessary revelation. Another one of my recent converts from my first area passed away about 2 months ago.. same situation. God sees and knows all. He is in the small details. 

I love this gospel. Christ truly is the light of this world. The world needs the restored gospel so badly, so that they can truly know who Christ is.... also.. that happens through the Book of Mormon. If you feel distant from God. open your Book of Mormon. I know that is the truth.

I know God lives and loves us. 

I love Jesus Christ. I love my mission, with all my heart. If you read this and are wondering whether you should serve a mission... swallow your; pride, doubts and worries.. and go start your papers. :) hehe.

I miss you all.. bye bye!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment