Sunday, October 19, 2014

Lukewarm

Family and Friends,

"Gold tried in the fire"

I wanna tell you about an investigators of ours. Her name is Analyn. When her family was baptized a few years back, she was working abroad in Kuwait. Most of her family is not very active anymore, except her younger sister. So upon her return home from Kuwait, she decided to listen to our message. She enjoyed it, but nothing amazing. She came to church and was more confused than anything. The next few days, she hid from us... told us she didn't want to listen.. etc etc. So we respected that decision, and stopped visiting. 3 weeks later, she came to church again. Of course we visited... within the first few minutes she told us she wanted to be baptized. She has experienced such a change of heart. I mean... she thrives off the Book of Mormon. She is canceling activities and work things so that she can listen to us. I mean... she is dying for November 1 to arrive when she will be baptized. The question is... how do these drastic changes in one's heart take place? For me... its the Spirit. The Spirit and a willing heart. A willing heart. That is what God wants from us. Ponder it on your own.

Sorry.. my letter this week is kind of lame... just know that everything truly is awesome here. This area is progressing.. i have fun with my comp.. we enjoy everyday.. and the church is true. Its honestly so great. My body is tired... but the rest of me is awesome! I love food.. i really do. I love water. I miss all of you. Cant believe its getting close to November.. wow. Expect a letter in the mail, and PS.. this will be the last one before i come home :)

I love you all so much..

Read your scriptures.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment