Sunday, September 28, 2014

Participation Produces...

Family and Friends,

Same area. New Companion. His name is Elder Aro, and I already love being companions with him!! He is so humble and just willing to try new things, I learn so much from him. He is from Bulacan (near Manila) and he is the oldest in his family! He is awesome, and we are enjoying the work together. 

The work... wow. It is progressing like crazy. The Lord himself is pushing His work along, i have no doubt about that. We are literally seeing the miracles of the gospel take place in people's lives. 

"Fast Car"- Tracy Chapman

Even after being out here for however many months, i still see things that just blow my mind. haha. Like a guy walking around with no pants on.. talking to himself... luckily he had a shirt on that said city police. hahah... classic.

Really though... the work is legit. The members here are alive and awake to the Lord's work. They are excited to help and very willing to help us as missionaries, what a blessing! They feed us... way too much.. hahah.. im getting fat! patay!

Homework. Can you all email me (even if its short) and tell me the blessings you have seen in your life from living the Word of Wisdom. Thanks :)

Study Note. Preach My Gospel Pg. 200. Follow up. This is something that has actually come back to bite me this past week. We can never assume that people will do all the things they say they will.. it requires a follow up. Following up is essentially just those little reminders that we all need to stay on the right path. I realize that us as members of the church, that is one reason why we have home and visiting teaching.. to follow up with our fellow members. Are you a 100% home or visiting teacher? It will bless those families for the long and short term aspects of their lives. We also must remember to follow up with ourselves.. but how? For me its simple... reading the scriptures. It basically is our self check as to how well we are following the Savior and living His gospel. Without the scriptures it is as if we start reading a map on a long road trip, then at about the halfway mark... throwing the map out the window. Sure... you might remember the path... but lets be honest, we are people. Our brains do not retain information very well, we must constantly be refreshing and relearning the matters of the Kingdom. The stories in the scriptures... aren't they great? I mean... its much better that our kids know all about Nephi and Moroni than just about cartoons and TV, right? Its all about a good balance. Daily contact with the scriptures is a great balance in our lives.

I learned much about testimonies this week. It is not just the classic "I know...". Its a conviction. Its simple phrases of truth that invite the Spirit. This is not just for me... I know its good for our families to hear these things often as well, straight from our own mouths. And remember.. live according to your testimony of the Atonement.

Coffee is something used by the adversary to lull us into more serious sins. That little brown drink is a little devil in disguise, trust me... I see it grasping kids as young as 5 or 6 years old. 

I love my Savior.. I know He lives. I know that as we strive to come closer to Him...He truly does come closer to us. What a beautiful promise that is!

Did you know that when we pay our full tithe we are actually fulfilling 2 commandments. 1. The Law of Tithing. 2. Commandment #8 of the 10 Commandments; Thou shalt not steal. Ponder that. Its not your money... it is the Lord's. I personally have seen the blessings of this commandment in my life. I have experienced the college grind without the Lord's help from tithing and i have experience the college grind while paying a full tithe.... man the second option is so much easier!

I love you all... so much!! Please read your scriptures.

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

No comments:

Post a Comment