Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Atonement of Jesus Christ

Family and Friends,
Hmm... the topic says it all. This week was glorious in so many ways. First off. We had zone conference. 118 missionaries. Goodness the Spirit was unreal. Couple great notes from our zone conference.. well first off.. the night before we stayed with our zone leaders and i worked with Elder Gibbons. He is from arizona and is just a stud. We had a great life talk.. God puts people in your life for very specific reasons! So zone conference.. amazing. We are preparing for our mission tour next month. We will have Elder Nielsen of the 70 come to our mission. should be amazing. So couple lessons and notes from zone conference... my mission president is inspired of God. I know it with all my heart. Also his AP's.. Elder Doane and Elder Peralta. I know Elder Doane somewhat well.. he is a stud. He literally just pulls the Spirit down whenever he gives trainings. He talked about learning the language.. gave me some great tools and new desires to study hard! He gave this quote.. "This is the Lord's time.. whenever you don't improve yourself.. you waste his time." Yes it is super applicable to me as a missionary but it is to all of us as well. This time is given to us by the Lord to improve and come closer to him. One thing i learned from Elder Peralta is this... our daily personal scripture study can CHANGE OUR LIVES. It is so true.. everyday i experience a positive change. And it stems from my study of the scriptures. Do it! everyday! A cool scripture quote.. "it's better to obey than to sacrifice" ... mull that one over. Another great one liner from President Lopez, "All good comes from God. The end." k... here goes a good one for you. President talked about the 3 most common symptoms of mental illness (apparently its a problem in our mission) 1. feeling sad or down 2. confused thinking or lack of concentration 3. excessive fears or worries. he had scripture remedies for all 3. apply these to yourself if you are feeling this. for #1- Pray intently Enos 1:15. for #2.. read the BOM Moroni 10:3.. for #3.. trust in the Lord!! faith is dependent on our trust in the Lord! My last insight about zone conference... we watched a movie entitled "The Atonement and Missionary Work" .. it is video clips of Christ's atonement.. and has talks by Eyring and Holland in the background. Wow. wow. Go watch it. One of the most powerful movies every.  I was just... yeah. I love the Lord. I testify that Christ lives. I testify that through his power.. everything can be overcome. I know that we can obtain Eternal Life only ... ONLY... through him! 

Couple life notes.. I learned this week how blessed I am. the 2 biggest things.. with my knowledge and my ability to speak English. The past transfer i have been teaching elder Albao how to speak english. He is good but just wants to become better.. i love teaching him! haha. Our language is the best!! Second.. i have been teaching him about like.. life. world history. Slavery. Hitler. Genocide. Revolutionary War. MLK. Just all of it... its all so great. I have been blessed with much knowledge. On that note... i am realizing how important it is. We need to study and learn all things possible. Not just spiritual but life too... SChool!! i cant wait to study more when i get home. haha. man im turning into such a missionary nerd. 

Investigator notes. The past week at church we had... 15 investigators!!! That is unreal.. the average is like 5!! Wow.. what a blessing from God. I am seeing a might change of heart in so many of my investigators. Here's a quick story. Romela is a 15 year old investigator. She will be baptized this week. She is super interested about God and learning. We went to here on Monday and she was in 1 Nephi 2. We came back on friday... Done with all of 1st Nephi!!! Wow. We asked her her feelings about the BOM and Joseph Smith. Her response... its true. he's true. i know it.    Yeah.... conversion is real. And guess how she obtained it? scripture study and prayer and church attendance. It's such a simple formula for success in life.. just do it!! please!? 

Its simple. Family and Friends. I love you. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love my mission. I love the scriptures. I love my investigators. I love my companion. I love the heat and sweating. I love the laughs. I love the joy that comes from this gospel. I love it all. Most importantly. I love Heavenly Father and his plan for me. I love the fact that i teach people every single day how to come closer to him and his Bugtong Anak (Beloved Son) every day.. I LOVE LIFE. haha. Im such a missionary... it kinda scares me sometimes. Hows your reading of the Book of Mormon? (i ask that every visit.. even to my Bishop). Love you all. The church is true. The Philippines is still hot. And im still "Joe" to every person here ;) hahaah!

Palangga,
Elder Stagg

camera fun :) haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment