Sunday, June 23, 2013

Transfer Week


This week has been a crazy one. The week started off great with a wonderful P-day. Tuesday we had a great district meeting and had an uplifting testimony experience. I also got the package you sent!!!! Wooo! I was needing all that stuff so much! Thanks a million :) We had some great lessons on Tuesday, then mid-lesson the dreaded phone call came. We were not planning on it happening, but it did. So Elder Wilstead and I's run ended. The dream team was being split up. We didn't know where he was going but just were told to go to Transfer meeting Wednesday at 10 amWednesday was transfer day which was for sure a weird thing. Everyone kind of hangs out waiting for their new companion and its really awkward. ahah. I met my new companion, Elder Baradi, he is great! He is a Filipino from Montalban Rizal. Which is near Manila! He actually goes home next transfer, so I kill him!! woohoo! I have already learned a lot from him and continue to everyday. He has a huge amount of experience and it has been great teaching, finding, and planning with him. He has been able to give me great tips and tricks with the language. 

I have for sure been stretched this past week. Since I know the area well I have been leading. It is sort of intimidating but I actually know the area a lot better than I thought I did. I have led planning sessions including weekly planning this past Friday. I have been stretched but already have learned a ton! I am grateful for this transfer and the opportunity I have had to progress this past week. I am excited for the zone conference this week, I am excited to experience that for the first time!

So a crazy week for sure.. but things just keep progressing like always. The language gets better, you know the area better, know how to plan better, etc. etc. etc. Another thing about scripture study i learned... when we "liken" the scriptures.. we are creating a mental bridge between understanding & living the doctrine we learn. Remember that. A few other spiritual notes here. Mosiah 16:5... when we disobey God's commandments, we literally are denying ourselves gifts and blessings that he wants to give us. Alma 20:17. Our souls cannot be saved in anger... remember any form of anger is a sin. , but on the same not.. alma 19:36.. the arms of God are ALWAYS extended to those who are willing to come unto him through repentance. Repentance truly is the key to a happy and healthy life. I promise you... will every fiber of my being that I possess... that humble repentance will change you in ways you never thought possible. Another thought.. Matthew 12:30.. we are either with, or against Christ. There is NO  3rd option... let that help you analyze your decisions daily. Another thing that i cant stress enough.. is the BOM and why we need it. Its vital for our every day lives. 2 Nephi 4:15.... why does nephi love the scriptures? why does he study them? why does he ponder them? his response... for the learning and the profit of his Children! not Himself. K final rant here.... Alma 17:2. when the day comes that i step off that airplane in st george.. OBVIOUSLY i will be excited to see you. BUT i will be even more excited if i know you are "still brethren in the Lord" and how does that happen? through "diligent scripture study". Just do it everyday. It WILL help you. I promise. And pray.. pour your heart out to the Lord. Do the things you know you should be doing and your life will be blessed! I love you all. I really do! 
Palangga,
Elder Stagg

God Be With You, Till We Meet Again!

thats the 1000 peso bill, its awesome

the package!!! 




just a funny picture

Elder Baradi and I! 

the pen.. (this is for brennen and jay) i knew the vivint pens were good for something :P ps.. im using it to hold open a window on a bus cuz it was broken and obviously a million degrees on the bus.





No comments:

Post a Comment