Sunday, July 21, 2013

Hi.

Dear Family and Friends,
Had another great week! Life and missionary work is progressing greatly here in EB Magalona. Elder Baradi and I have had so many blessings poured out upon us! I am grateful that I am assigned in this area! The work has been progressing as well as my language abilities. It all comes with time I am realizing. We had the baptism of Marialyn, another member referral! She is a 13 year old but has a way strong desire to do what's right! one hard part with her is she speaks ilonggo of course.. but she uses a lot of cebuano and tagalog. that can be quiet the battle. the baptism was so spiritual as usual. We have been trying really hard this past week to have more members at lessons and it has helped drastically. We have been trying to focus on help from the auxiliarys which i have seen increase the help. It is helpful. 

My scripture study has been improving everyday. I have started to focus my studies with a specific question in mind, and then relate all my studies to that! its been amazing to see the revelation i receive for that question. I have enjoyed my studies more and more because of that. I think you all should try it! its great. you can find ways to relate all your studies to that specific question. i promise it will help. Had a chance to speak in sacrament meeting yesterday.. and that was my topic. Scripture study. It really is so important. i promise. 

Another spiritual note. pray like crazy. pray like crazy all day, and give thanks at night. this recipe has worked wonders for me. and i know it will for you as well. i know if you do that. pray hard and study hard, you will see a change in your life for the better. So some of my study notes. Main topic of my studies... patience! we ALL need it! so badly! a few scriptures and my insights.. d&c 24:8.. if we are worthy.. the Lord is always and forever with us in our afflictions and trials. also d&c 127:4.. if we endure our trials with patience and afflictions.. they will add to our reward in heaven. its a promise from God. he can't lie. Food for Thought Proverbs 15:1. Next topic.. (kind of all over the place). The formula for eternal life. Faith. Repentance. Baptism. Holy Ghost. Endure to the End. How do we endure?! Read daily.. pray daily.. partake of the sacrament weekly worthily.. boom. eternal life. yes easier said than done... but i promise promise promise.. these 3 things if done with exactness, will increase your happiness and ability to cope with the trials of life. 2 nephi 2:28. Eternal life is a CHOICE.. no one can do it for you. its all about you.. work out your own salvation. We must prepare our souls now. its vital and huge. everyday is a progression towards eternal life. so this is my quote that i made up that i am so proud of... "Do unto others as God is doing unto you" the golden rule #2. boom! write it down.. frame it.. make a plaque of it..whatever you want to do ;) kidding! but i love it!! My testimony to you all.. is that Heavenly Father knows you very specifically. If you dont believe me.. ask him if its true in prayer. Rely on his knowledge and love and power. I know that through Jesus Christ... we can receive eternal life! its a beautiful thing! it really! I also know that there is strength in the scriptures.. they are there for benefit. if you dont read them... you are telling god, jesus christ, prophets, and men who have spilled their blood for the scriptures to be in your hands; that you dont care. that you are okay on your own. sorry for being bold. but its true. i feel like that is what should be said. know why? cause its in the scriptures.. do not "trample him under our feet" or "set him at naught". I promise you Heavenly Father will bless you if you read his holy writ everyday. I also know that Satan is a very real.. He wants to destroy us all. I see people everyday in his grasps. There is always hope. this gospel and church is that hope. exercise your faith unto repentance and progress. Its real. The Atonement is real. I know that to be true. I know Christ lives. I know this gospel is the key to happiness and eternal life after this world. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know it, i couldnt deny it if i wanted to! Time is short on the mission.. im realizing that with having a companion going home next week.. he has made it very clear to me to work my absolute hardest every minute.. cause one day. its over. then its back to the boring grind of everyday life. sorry if im making you jealous. My new favorite scripture. 2 Nephi 33:3. this is how i feel with my investigators and with you all. (minus the tears... dont worry!!!!) love you all. the church is true. ps.. if you need an assignment to read this week.. 2 nephi 31-33!! boom.. doctrine of christ. ps-- elder baradi is hilarious and i love our companionship. bye!
Love,
Elder Stagg

making some lunch :) the tilapia here is amazing!!! you would love it dad!




oh thats full strength with the fans.. its been a hot week. hahah

this is my wall of insight and quotes... its my mind project. i love it. hahah. if you send me a good enough picture or quote it can be put there and immortalized for ever in the EB magalona apartment. hehe! lvoe you all


ps why i am in white in some pics and not the others is because our baptizer wasnt there at first.. so i put on my clthes, but then he showed up so i changed out. weekly baptism!! the Lord answers prayers and blesses his servants. I am so grateful. I love you all so much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment